Painted in a series of breathy layers, ‘A Second Coming – In Ciarraí’ was made while on residency in Cill Rialaig, in Kerry. It commemorates the life of a friend.
My residency was in January when the world seemed slowly to begin again. From high up on Bolus Head during those short, moist days, I wondered how do we distinguish time and mark out days. Indeed, how do we capture the essence of a life – but in breaths.
And so this painting was made slowly in lots of very loose layers. I wanted to paint like breath on glass – similar to the way weather, hovering between sea and sky, makes a ghostly impression over The Skelligs.
The painting became a sum of it’s parts – lots of light layers which, when combined attempt to capture the essence of light and a life.
All prints are made with pigment inks on 100% Cotton Rag Hahnemühle paper.
- All prints are titled, signed and numbered by Cora
- Numbered limited edition of 250
- Both paper and pigment are the industry’s very highest standard
- Outstanding archival quality guaranteed to last a lifetime or (2!).
- Laboratory tests certify up to 200 years before any deterioration is noted
- Print has a smooth, matt surface texture with a 2″ white border on all sides.
- All sizes quoted are image size, add 4 inches to width and height for paper size.
- For example 20″ x 20″ image size = 24″x 24″ paper size.
Note: Frame in image is for illustrative purposes and is not included
Medium: 24″ x 16.5″ @ €225.00
Large: 32″ x 22.5″ @ €395.00
X-Large: 40″ x 28″ @ €595.00