This workshop teaches participants how to abstract elements of the landscape and create their own painterly response. Through a series of fun and stimulating exercises, you will learn how to approach landscape painting in a fresh and creative manner while tapping into and developing your own intuitive painting style.
Participants will take home 2-4 completed paintings, renewed confidence in their painting ability and lots of new skills to help them begin, work through and complete great paintings. Comprehensive Follow-On notes will ensure you can hit the ground running when you return home.
Who is it for: Open to absolute beginners and those with a little or a lot of painting experience (in any medium!). The only thing you really need for this class is an open mind and a willingness to have fun while painting.
What is included:
- 2 days of intense painting tuition to help you create your own unique paintings in response to landscape.
- All materials including acrylic paints, inks, mixed media and a variety of mediums*
- 2 X great quality canvasses and all paper supports*
- All tools, brushes and palette knives* All you need to bring is yourself!
- Guided demo’s developed in response to your requirements
- Lots of 1-2-1 tuition and support structured to your specific needs
- Plenty of learning resources including an extensive library
- A great, yum, nutritious lunch
- Unlimited refreshments and snacks
- Comprehensive Follow-On notes filled with LOTS of online and offline resources and structured guidance on everything from colour management, to how to start and stop!
Please note: A key aim of this workshop is to help painters to loosen their painting style. If you want to create a photo-realist likeness this is not the workshop for you.
*NOTE: All materials are artist quality and valued at over €150 per participant. We are having fun but we are NOT messing around!
Please see further info, FAQ and Cancellation Policy HERE.
Nerd Note: In this workshop we work in layers, so we use acrylic paints to speed-up drying time. We also use glaze layers to mimic the quality of oils. This technique has been known to convert / blow the minds of committed oil painters!! If this sounds like gobbledegook to you, don’t worry, yer grand!