2019 Painting Holidays in Italy
Following on from my hugely successful Italian Painting Workshops in 2014, 2015 & 2017, I am delighted to be returning to the South of Italy in June 2019 to host 2 fantastic Painting Holidays
Join me for a wonderful week-long painting workshop this Summer in inspirational Southern Italy.
Set in the heart of Italy’s most authentic region, Puglia is the perfect location for my Abstracting the Landscape Painting Workshop. & Summer School. I am delighted to offer a new, great venue for my Painting Holidays in 2019! This year we will be working from Campi Latini, a gorgeous Agri-Residence with its own olive plantation (and fabulous swimming pool).
From Galatone in Gallipoli (think terracotta terrains and the clearest turquoise coastline ), we will paint everyday but you will also have ample time to relax and explore the region and enjoy some great down time on the most idyllic beaches which are only a short drive away.
See full brochure HERE
Location & Accommodation:
Inspiration abounds in authentic Italy!
Our workshop enjoys a perfect location on an olive farm nestled at the heart of Italy’s landscape and just a 10 minute drive from the wonderful turquoise Ionian Sea. I am delighted to offer a new, gorgeous location for my Painting Holidays in 2019!
Sadly our last hosts retired but our new digs at Campi Latini – a gorgeous Agri-Residence in Southern Italy, with its own olive plantation (and fabulous swimming pool) are a perfect painting location. Our ‘home from home’ at Campi Latini is super special. The boutique accommodation offers exactly the level of luxury I love! Including unique, sensitively restored apartments in a great location with great big beds, high ceilings, lovely linen and enough personal space and grounds to relax and enjoy the tranquility of our surroundings.
Set in nature – the Campi Latini estate of olive groves, ornamental plants and fruit trees offer an abundance of colour and inspiration. At the heart of Campi Latini is the sparkling swimming pool – you will each have your own lounger upon which you may contemplate your next masterpiece!
All apartments are furnished with the finest classical and designer furniture and contemporary artworks. Each has air-conditioning, living areas, kitchen facilities, great bathrooms and a patio. There are a variety of accommodation options to choose from. Enjoy the luxury of a 1 bedroom studio apartment or choose a private bedroom within a shared living space or twin sharing. Our hosts are Francesca – who will take care of our day to day accommodation and excursions – and ‘Mama’ who sources the best of local produce to create great homemade healthy and delicious meals.
In 2019 I will be taking 2 groups to Italy on the following dates:
(Suitable for those who have completed Level 1 & 2 Workshops)
This will be similar to my Cork Summer School in that the focus is on 1-2-1 mentoring (but warmer and with a great swimming pool!). Participants will have lots of materials at their disposal to create their own unique body of work while ironing out any challenges they may have encountered in their painting journey to date. All materials will be available but the emphasis will be on using oils and cold wax. See full brochure HERE
(Suitable for those who have completed Level 1 or absolute beginners!)
A unique week-long exploration of painting and landscape in response to the local Italian landscape. During this workshop you will learn how to approach landscape painting in a fresh and creative manner while tapping into and developing your won unique, intuitive style. This is a really fun workshop suitable for people who have already taken my Level 1 Workshop or absolute beginners. In this class we will work with acrylics and mixed media. See full brochure HERE
What’s included in the 2019 Fee?
The 2019 fee includes:
- ALL MATERIALS (because of the absolute impracticality of airline weight restrictions and luggage allowances!). There will be ample materials for each participant to make their own body of work.
- 7 nights B&B in our gorgeous boutique accommodation
- 5 days intensive tuition including a variety of stimulating and fun group exercises and one-to-one tutorage.
- A full day excursion to historic sites
- A welcoming reception on our first evening – where you will have the opportunity to sample a light buffet of traditional southern Italian produce and local wine
- 24-hour access to our studio.
- A celebratory Closing Dinner
- A great day trip visiting unique and inspirational historical sites
- Transfers from and to Brindisi Airport for arrival and departure.
- Beach time! Because it is a holiday after all.
- A driver will be available daily for excursions to the best local beach, historical sites &local restaurants
- Lots of group and individual 1-2-1 tuition to ensure you – we will paint daily from 10am – 1pm (except for the day we are on a Day Trip).
- Comprehensive Follow On Notes detailing techniques, materials and useful links and resources.
- Beach towels: because you’ll need them and airline weight restrictions.
- A cookery demonstration on local culinary delights (time permitting!).
€ 1,550 : Own private studio
€ 1.350 : Private room in shared apartment
€ 1,1950 : Twin room in shared apartment
*Early Bird Offer: Take €100 OFF for bookings confirmed before 20th January 2019
A deposit of €400 will secure your place. The balance must be paid by 1st May 2019. Please note: places are limited so please confirm your interest as soon as possible.
What’s not included in the fee:
- Drinks and snacks
- Lunch ( There are cooking facilities in your apartment but you are free to explore the local cuisine).
- Insurances: Workshops Participants must arrange their own travel insurance.